(Keto) Supercharged Collagen Coffee

Bulletproof coffee has been making waves on the internet (& in peoples homes) for years now. I tried Bulletproof Coffee at a health food show and loved it!

Even before going keto - I loved the idea behind it too. Healthy fats slow down the caffeine so that you stay energized longer + for us ketos it is an amazing way to get a lot of fat in liquid form first thing in the morning. I don't use Bulletproof MCT or coffee which is why my recipe is Supercharged and not Bulletproof.

I also like to add collagen to my morning coffee because it makes my coffee extra creamy + for all of the benefits (check out this blog post to see why I love collagen so much and add it to my daily routine). For my Collagen Coffees I prefer to use bovine collagen as it is high in protein (8g protein to 8.5g serving) so it helps to keep me full & satisfied even longer.





Supercharged Keto Collagen Coffee

  • 2 cups brewed coffee (my go to is Ethical Bean Jet Fuel + some 2lb varieties available @ costco
  • 1 tbsp Organic Grass Fed Butter 
  • 1 tbsp Organic Coconut MCT Oil (I use this brand because it is 100% coconut! Many MCT Oils contain Palm Oil which is terrible for the environment and not as high quality as pure coconut). 
  • 1 tsp. Organika Enhanced Collagen (read about why this is my #1 collagen choice {especially for collagen coffee})
  • optional: stevia, monkfruit, or sweetener of choice 
Mix all ingredients in your blender/vitamix/ magic bullet/nutrininja, etc. until frothy (15 -30 seconds). Pour in to your favourite mug and enjoy!

I always recommend calculating your own macros because they can vary depending on brand but mine came in at: 232 calories, 0 carbs, 4% protein, & 96% fat! <3
 



Comments

Popular Posts