Creamy Keto Pumpkin Spice Latte

If I'm being honest, Pumpkin Spice Latte (& other pumpkin flavoured goods) have never been my thing. I always found them too sweet the the spices not to be what I wanted.

This weekend I found myself craving a Pumpkin Spice Latte but I knew I couldn't satisfy my craving with anything bought at a coffee shop (+ it would be packed with serious sugar if I did).

So, I gathered the dry ingredients I would need to make pumpkin pie filling and got to work. This combination of spices is perfect for me but if you prefer a little more cinnamon by all means add some (I'm not really a cinnamon nut, so for real if you are, double up).


Creamy Keto Pumpkin Spice Latte

Ingredients: 
  • 2 cups Almond Milk (or other dairy free milk) 
  • 1/4 tsp. Nutmeg 
  • 1/4 tsp. Ground Cinnamon 
  • 1/4 tsp. All Spice 
  • 1/4 tsp. Ground Ginger 
  • Whipped Cream or Coconut Cream for topping (2-4 TBSP)
  • (+ 1 shot espresso if desired)
Instructions: 
  1. Add Almond Milk to a heavy bottomed (but small) pot and turn on low 
  2. Whisk in all spices until fully desolved 
  3. If not pre-made, whip coconut cream or whipping cream while you wait 
  4. Allow liquid to come to a low boil while stirring regularly to prevent burning 
  5. Remove from heat and strain through small mesh strainer (to keep out any extra spices or film that may have collected) in to a mug 
  6. If adding espresso or coffee do so now & stir until totally combined 
  7. Top with whipped cream or coconut cream and sprinkle with cinnamon if desired 
  8. Enjoy!! 

 This can be a great way to pack in a sweet fat treat without adding to many carbs or calories. I always recommend doing your own calculations because calories can vary depending on brand (I like to use my Fitness Pal best).

Mine came in at 250 calories, 2g net carbs, & 26g of fat using 4 TBSP. homemade whipped cream. This Pumpkin Spice Latte was everything I could ask for. It was creamy, warming, delicious, and most importantly low carb & keto friendly. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did.

Comments

  1. How B'ful it is looking. Well Keto Diet is really very helpful to lose weight. What is Keto Diet

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts